Wednesday 5 December 2012

Israel offered me to abandon match: Asif

Pakistan’s newly crowned World Snooker Champion Muhammad Asif has disclosed that Israel had approached him with an offer to abandon match.

I rejected the offer, he said in an exclusively interview to Ali Hassan of ARY NEWS.

Meanwhile Muhammad Asif also asked to Pakistan sports authorties for hiring snooker coach to take the game to new heights.

We got a lot of talent in snooker across the country and we needed a qualified coach to nurture their talent, he was reported as saying.

If I can win the world title what players can accomplish with the services of coach can be seen within a couple of years, he said.

He said winning four straight league matches gave me a lot of confidence.“With each win, my confidence grew and I performed better and better, he commented.

He said he was less experience compared to Gary Wilson of England who was already played on the professional circuit. But blessings of Allah and confidence helped me to win this title, he added.

He recalled that he felt some pressure when score was eight-frames all. By the prayers of the nation, I won the title and bowed to thank Almighty for the honour He bestowed on me.

He said he was now looking forward to feature in the professional circuit in England to further improve his game and bring honour and glory to the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment