Sunday 23 March 2014

Being Christian is not a crime: RoulaGhani

Kabul: In an interview with Foreign Policy Mrs. RouylaGhani stated her views about Afghanistan’s political future and her husband’s programs for the country’s development.

In answer to first question about her husband’s main program she said:

“Dr. Ashraf Ghani has a very intellectual approach to his country’s affairs and believes in cooperation with all countries in the world for Political and economic reconstruction in Afghanistan. He believes that there is no reason to cut relations with any country in the world and just setting up a relationship with them is important. Dr. Ashraf Ghani believes that both Palestine and Israel should Simultaneously have representation in Kabul and there is no political obstacle in the way.”

She added: “although I couldn’t live in Afghanistan during my marriage, I am familiar with Afghans’ behaviors and, as the country’s first lady; I can easily communicate with the public, especially women.”

In response to the question of whether you, as a Christian, would have any problem in playing the role of presidential spouse in a country with more than 99 percent of Muslims, she said: “being Christian is not a crime; however, my mother is a Jew. I believe that Afghan women have converted to Islam under pressure, because there have not been another way. If you describe Christianity for them, no doubt, more than half of them will be converted to this religion. During past ten years, I have indirectly supported the works of some Evangelical Christian groups in the central, northern regions as well as Kabul.

If I am present in presidential palace, surely I will expand this job. Because Afghan people should know that Christianity isn’t what Mullahs have told them. Women's freedom will be so sweet on its own that will solve the issue of my Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment